Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day Twelve: What I Don't Miss

Luckily, at this point, I don't seem to be missing much of anything. However, there are some things I didn't really miss from the beginning.

Politics. I so don't miss this. Politicians lying and spinning statements and events in ways that make you wonder exactly how stupid they think people are. It's such a show at this point. It's ridiculous. I hate all the politicians, all their artifice, and the mockery our government has become.

Political discourse. Along the same lines as the first, I also do not miss what passes for discourse these days. The loudest voices dominate, and they stake out a position based on self-identity rather than facts. The other part of discourse I really don't miss is the media's insistence on giving equal time to both sides of an issue, no matter how inane it is (I'm looking at you, evolution vs intelligent design).

Gloom and doom. Don't miss the pessimistic stories about the upcoming economic, political, and environmental cataclysm. Some of it may come to pass, but constantly reading articles about it really doesn't help.

And one thing I do miss...

Sports news. I miss it a little bit. But I hate March Madness, so it all works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment