Saturday, March 10, 2012

Days Thirteen/Fourteen: Week Two Scorecard

Week two scorecard. Same as the week one scorecard.

Well, maybe a bit better. I'm feeling like the turning of a corner has stuck. I don't really have that itch to be checking any of my news sites. And I'm feeling good about not reading things that make me miserable (intentionally or not). So that's all good.

Still not filling my time the best way, although that's getting better too. Been reading higher quality stuff, so that's good (I'm hard at work on Borges' complete fictions, which are blowing my mind and giving me lots of ideas). A bit too much checking the websites I still check, though. I'm going to concentrate on stamping that out next.

As for it seeming like a limited-time experiment, that feeling's starting to go away as well.

Not sure there's a whole lot more to say about the lack of news. I thought it was bad for me; cutting it out made me realize even more that it's bad for me; I'm feeling better and more creative; game, set, match. I may have a few more thoughts on the whole concept of no news (and who knows what else might hit me in the meantime), but I think I'll start using this space to talk about some of the material I'm filling the news hole with.

Unless I have a relapse.

No comments:

Post a Comment